The BSc (Hons) in Data Science (JS9780) is the 4th curriculum update of its predecessor degree program which is launched in 2012. Up to Aug 2018, there are over 250 graduates from this program.
Effective and efficient usage of data in the digital world nowadays can help to foster a better world/society. However, people who are competent in harvest useful insights from a vast amount of data require a particular set of skills which is different from those offered by traditional academic program curriculums. Competent candidates should be able to manipulate data stored in different sources, explore useful patterns via math/statistical and machine learning skills, interpret the numerical results, summarize meaningful findings and convey the messages to other parties effectively. Our curriculum is designed based on the recommendations given by industry professionals, academic professors and employers in business sectors. Topics from Statistics, Math, Computing and Economics are addressed in this program. The full curriculum of JS9870 can be found here.
Recognitions of the courses offered in the revised curriculum of BSc(Hons) in Data Science (BSCHDSF) 數據科學榮譽理學士 are currently under reviewed. The former program (BSCHSADF3) has acquired several external recognitions including:
- Hong Kong Statistical Society - Exemption of Graduate Diploma exams Module 1,3 & 4
- Continuing Education Fund (CEF) - Financial Services sector, 4 courses
- SAS Joint University certification - SAS programming and Data Mining
- The Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) – Level 5
Graduates are usually employed as data analyst or related positions in the areas of finance, banking, marketing research, education, logistics and government sector.
- The JUPAS BSc(Hons) in Data Science (JS9780) will be launched in year 2020.
- Admission for 2019/2020 - Top-up Degree in Data Science is now open. Online Application is now available, programme code: BSCHDSFS.
- Professional Attachment Programme - The Census and Statistics Department (C&SD) 政府統計處 2019
- Alumni Experience Sharing 校友開心分享活動 2019
- Career Education & CV Workshop 2019
- OUHK Dean's List Award 院長名單
- Student presentation at the International Conference 發表研究報告 EcoSta2019
- 70.6% passing rate in SAS Certification Exam 認證考試 2019
- Summer Internship in a German business enterprise 外地實習體驗 2018
- Korea Study tour 韓國四天科技考察之旅 2018
- 6th Statistical Society cabinet 統計學會內閣 2018
- Japan Culture and Technology Exploratory Tour 日本文化科技探索之旅 2017
- Student awarded HSBC scholarships 榮獲滙豐銀行獎學金 – 2017